It’s not uncommon to go a week without having trouble concentrating and focusing at work. But there is a better way.
There are 3 main groups focus which 98% of people fall into.
Group 1: have difficulty staying focused is near impossible, even for 30 minutes.
Group 2: have periods of solid focus at work or while studying, lasting an hour or two in the morning. Towards the end of the day, however, this maybe only 40 minutes at a time. The quality of work in the afternoon is also diminished.
Group 3: are able to focus effectively for days and weeks without letting up to distraction, tiredness or interrupting thoughts. They achieve 80% more than their peers, while being at work the same amount of time.
I’m sure you’re happy not to be a Group 1 but wish you were a group 3.
So now we can discuss a few simple changes you can make to quickly move yourself into in to group 3.
How to be Focused at Work
When the list below is followed you to be highly focused and have a top level of concentration. Ultimately resulting in a more productive, successful and happier version of yourself.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. This is so simple and so old hat but its one that MUST NOT be forgotten.
- Take a break every 30 to 60 minutes for 2-5 minutes. Then every 90 minutes make it a 10 – 15 minute break. During each break remember to stretch, change your scenery and laugh a little.
- Get enough sleep. Minimum is 7 hours of sleep, actual sleep.
- Eat healthy and just enough to be satisfied. Being full or eating heavy meals will only make you want to sleep.
- Listen to music. This one is key and will take you from “doing well” to “on top of the world” if all of the above are also followed.
Listening to Music at Work
If you have the radio on at work or even your favorite Spotify playlist you will be doing yourself more of a disservice than help.
Music needs to be just right to help to your brain with any trouble concentrating and focusing at work.
What Makes Music Perfect for Focus at Work?
In order to fully explain what makes music right for concentration and focus at work in full I would need to write a nine hundred page book. As, over several decades, dozens of studies have been published on this subject.
Lets take a look at a few key points that music must have to be helpful to increasing focus and concentration:
- Must be free from distinguishable lyrics.
- Have no emotional pull, be neutral.
- Not have any nostalgia or memory attached to it.
Where to Find Music for Focus and Concentration at Work
We have discombobulated all the research, produced and curated music to ensure the best possible music is available for you, right here.
At Focus The Mind we have made it our business to ensure you get the most done in the shortest amount of time. With the least effort, a smile on your face. Most importantly a quality of work that will exceed your expectations.
How Focus The Mind Works When Trouble Concentrating and Focusing at Work
We use two technologies, both rigorously tested by science and in application with millions of users.
Firstly, Streamline Music is used. This brings the brain into focus and away from distractions. Depending on the genre selected, this will also calm the brain.
Secondly our exclusive Modulated Alpha BiNaural Beats are used to in conjunction with the above. This is where the magic happens. To read more about how our music works. To learn about how our Modulated Alpha BiNaural Beats work.
Finally, to read the research we have put together, specifically why Focus The Mind is so effective.